Thursday, July 22, 2010
This is a photo of our boys at their first Teen Fanfest Concert of the season. Fanfest is currently following the Bieber tour around the nation and this is great prep for when the boys open for Bieber in October. They are very excited to be on tour! They have been going nonstop, their schedule is packed, and this is just the beginning. I will never ever again think how easy performers have it. That everything is just handed to them. Here's the inside scoop...it is actually WORK! You are going from the minute you get up until the minute your head hits the pillow and then sleep doesn't come that easily. You have to come down from the busy day.
During one of my daily walks here in Vermont I thought of how our lives used to revolve around our home base, Vermont. How we would wake up slowly and watch the day unfold. That we directed how our days went. And now...There is a BURNHAM calendar. Yep. A calendar that is filled to the brim with meetings, performances, radio interviews, rehearsals, stylists, photoshoots, and the list goes on! I don't see the boys sporting their ripped jeans and flannel shirts anymore. I miss them running around barefoot outside exploring nature (we do have a few naturalists in the mix). I miss Forrest running around in his moccasins outside during the coldest days of winter and you are not gonna believe this..I miss the loud music that blasted out of our living room for years.
Yes...there is a hole in my heart right now because I miss them so very much! We have been so fortunate to have been together as a family these past 5 months. The boys are so very blessed to be doing what they've always wanted to do. Now is the time for me to do all those wonderful things that I did with the boys with the girls.
Now is the time to be in constant prayer because nothing worthwhile is ever easy. Please pray for strength and protection for these boys and for our family. Every day is so new to all of us. And expecially please pray for Forrest. He has a lot on his shoulders right now being the front man of this band. He is strong. He always has been. I would observe him as little boy as early as two and know that this child was strong. He would walk around the house like a bull in china closet. He always voiced his thoughts and opinions with no reserve. He still is that way! Actually, all our children are and I so many times I hope that we didn't create little monsters. But we've never believed in holding them back. Discipline ...yes...but free spirits they all are!
The boys told me the other day that they have never been happier. I am so glad because my ultimate prayer for all of our children is their happiness. In the book How to Be Happy How to Be Holy, Father says pray for happiness. So that is my prayer this week for your happiness and for your children's happiness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment