Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My October Daybook

I don't know quite how to do this but I see this on blogs all of the time so I will try...


MY OCTOBER DAYBOOK


Outside My Window:


Rain and warm air for this time of year in Vermont.  Beautiful autumn leaves on the trees.


What I am listening to:


Classical music on 95.1 fm along with wet wheels of cars as they drive past my house on the rain drenched road.


I am wearing:


Jeans and my husband's cashmere sweater because I miss him.


I am thankful for:

Little girls all snuggled in blankets, warm tea, and chicken soup.  For little boys who are growing into fine young men and for my husband who from even 3000 miles away, still holds my hand.

I am pondering:


What the true purpose of life is...only to know that it is so simple really.  We are here for the One who created us to show his goodness.   That every human being is our brother or sister. And... that our hope is in the Lord who made heaven and earth.

I am creating:

Memories with our girls that will last a lifetime.

On my iPhone:

"Almost Famous" EP of course..and other songs from those brothers who play music...and the memories of the songs that have been created over the years right here in our living room.

Towards a Real Education:

Lovely morning gatherings reading books, discussing life, hands on learning with excitement and eagerness that real learning coming back into our home.  Letting go of the worries of home schooling knowing that real education stays with you for a lifetime.

Resting in the knowledge that our boys are still learning only in a different way for now, that it is still real learning, and that for them it is the way it should be for now.

I am hoping and praying:

That our little girl's sniffles and sore throat are only temporary. That she will dry her tears because she misses her daddy.

 That our boys throughout this journey will draw strength from where they know it truly and really comes from... above.

That every moment our  dear family's lives will be appreciated with the great joy of knowing that we are doing what He tells us to do.

From the kitchen:

This morning it is blueberry muffins.  It is cozy tea and warmth from the stove. It is the smell of home. The atmosphere of childhood.

No comments: