Sunday, July 8, 2007

Thank you, King David!


I am sure anybody can relate to having busy summers. At times, summers can be filled with many more activites than the school year. As I have mentioned in previous posts, we have a summer packed with gigs for "The Burnham Brothers Band" and it has been a whirlwind. I love children and all the fun activities that go with them. Our house has turned into a music camp of sorts and I love it!!! We are pleased to welcome a new band member, our 11 year drummer (not our son), Elijah. What a blessing it is to have this child in our household! We rehearsed a whopping twenty hours this past week. Of course, not straight. There was lots of soccer, animal care, running around, and eating pizza:) The July 4th concert was a success and three more gigs are scheduled for next week.

Where do we find the quietness that is so important to our faith? The waking hours of the earlly mornings and the settling down time when the moonlight in Vermont begins to enter our household. Thank the Lord that He knew what He was doing at the time of creation. For we cannot avoid those times of the day in which quietness comes without a warning, and we can depend that it comes to us each day to center us and to remind us what this life is really about.

A few months ago, at Easter time, I wrote a song for the Easter celebration. Well, not just me, King David also. It is taken from Psalms 4:

"Know that the Lord works wonders for the faithful,
that He hears me when I call out.

Upon your beds ponder in silence,
Offer a fitting sacrafice and trust in the Lord

In peace shall I lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord,
make me secure."


This Psalm has made me feel such peace as "I lie down and sleep" and upon my bed "ponder in silence" knowing that "the Lord works wonders for the faithful, that He hears me cry out"...but most of all to help me"TRUST IN THE LORD"!!!

No comments: