Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Culprits Have Been Transported



Good news! The mother bear, along with her two cubs, has been safely transported from our area! I am so pleased about this. Andre is happy. He is learning to extract queens from his other two hives to increase the number of hives we have! So, it's back to business as usual. I think I can safely say that our entrepreneurs will be able to make a profit next year.

4 comments:

Anne (aussieannie) said...

You are not joking?!? Bears and cubs? Incredible and scary! (Read about a boy killed recently while camping by a bear.)

A bit like me saying koalas have been fighting in my gum trees...(Not my place but my one of my poor aunties have to put up with this all the time..)

Marianne Elizabeth said...

It is scary. But, these bears are black bears and not grizzly bears. A lot more docile, but it is always scary when cubs are involved!

Koalas! Can they be scary? I am ignorant regarding those animals. I think we will look up koalas now. The kids will love the research:)

Anne (aussieannie) said...

No there not in the same league as bears! If you go to a wildlife park it is the normal thing to line up to cuddle one...but I didn't realise how much they could fight and make alot of din in the middle of the night until my aunty use to despair of the situation.

No, it was the poisionous snakes that seemed to have a 'snake highway' through her back yard that was REALLY was scary!!

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

How exciting that you're keeping bees - I would LOVE to do this!

Excellent!