Sunday, August 16, 2009

I Will Bless the Lord at All Times...


I chose not to blog my "rough" week when the boys were away in New York City. I just didn't want to give too much credit to the times when the things in life don't go our way or when things go as my husband terms "south". I do know those are the times in life when we grow the most. When we cling to the Almighty one who created us. When we know that we are never really fully in control. When we realize that hope and trust in God is what this life is all about.

And then you pray, you gather closely, you reflect, and you realize (after a few days have gone by) that it really wasn't that bad. That even when you felt overwhelmed, these were just minor things, things that my husband calls "mosquito bites". We are all healthy. We are all blessed. We know that without a doubt our trust remains always in the Lord.

This week was a really good week for us. No, it was a really great week for us. Yesterday, we picked up our new car. Yep. Our van died when the boys were in New York. This car was an answer to prayer for us! You know when you are thankful for every little thing that you are on the right path. This week was a string of events that we were so thankful for.

We gather in the mornings as a family for prayer time. Everyone has their different routines for praying. Ours is a decade of the Rosary, prayer intentions for our friends and relatives, reading from the Bible (Hebrews for now), reading from the Catechism of the Catholic Church (usually when questions are asked or when it pertains to what we are reading in the Bible e.g. Angels, Seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit), and a discussion of what we will do that day. Although, we realize that our "plans" are not His plans some days and we are more open to that now then a few years ago!

Today is Sunday the day of the week that our family loves best. We go to church and we always do family activities! Sunday is a reminder of the here and now. We sit together in church and reflect. We discuss the things of God. We laugh. We play.

On Sunday mornings when all are still in bed, I like to read the Mass readings for the day. Today's responsorial Psalm was like a cool refreshing water to me. A Psalm that is worthy of being memorized (the whole Bible is worthy of that:). But for me this Psalm is just what I needed, what I observed this week to be so true...



"I will bless the LORD at all times; praise shall be always in my mouth.
3
My soul will glory in the LORD that the poor may hear and be glad.
4
Magnify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together.
5
I sought the LORD, who answered me, delivered me from all my fears.
6
Look to God that you may be radiant with joy and your faces may not blush for shame.
7
In my misfortune I called, the LORD heard and saved me from all distress.
8
The angel of the LORD, who encamps with them, delivers all who fear God.
9
Learn to savor how good the LORD is; happy are those who take refuge in him."
Psalms 34: 2-9

No comments: