Thursday, November 11, 2010



Outside my window:
A red Radio Flyer wagon with a large snow ball in it.

What am I listening to:
A dishwasher/floor heater combination mixed with VPR(Vermont Public Radio)

What I am wearing:
My uniform for morning walks-sweatpants, fleece pullover, and tennis shoes.( I might need to switch the tennis shoes for boots.)



What I am thankful for:
New furnaces, and water heaters, cozy chicken soup, little girls made of spice and everything nice, Skype calls so that our family doesn't feel so far apart...especially the Skype dates with my husband, and spending evenings by colorful, roaring fires.

What I am pondering:

The scripture "Cast all your cares on Him for He cares for you."  1 Peter 5:7 and I realize that it has taken me about 3 weeks to finally let go of my anxieties and rest in the knowledge that the Lord is in control of everything and that all we have to do is listen and follow.

On my iPhone:

A treasure trove of texts, videos, and photos from my husband and sons.

Towards a Real Education:
Lesson plans typed and sent to our sons filled with excerpts on mental and vocal prayer, art appreciation, the encouragement of narrative writing, recitation of poetry, and the appreciation of literature. 

Cozy read alouds by the fire with our girls learning about Colonial Williamsburg, Ancient Egypt, Paul Revere's Ride, red cardinals, saints, and poetry.  Long discussions on all of these things about the world around them present and past.


I am hoping and praying:


That  our 5 children will have joy in everything they do.  

That every single child embraces himself/herself and is encouraged to follow the path that God has place in his/her heart.

That we see everyday for what it is...a gift.


From the kitchen:

Soft moist sour cream coffee cake with a side of Peppermint tea.  Just what the doctor ordered for our little precious girls who have sacrificed so much but  still have joy knowing the are placed where they are supposed to be for now; at home, in one place, doing those things that their big brothers always did. 




No comments: