Thursday, January 24, 2008

Lent is Around the Corner...




It's time to start thinking about Lent. I've got my list going as I am looking through my boxes of Easter and Lenten things from last year. I need to purchase purple ribbon to adorn crosses and statues around the house for Lent, red ribbon for Good Friday, and white for Easter. Last year was the first year we had ever brought church tradition physically into our household during Lent and Holy Week and changing the ribbons made the Holy Days so meaningful for me and the children. The constant reminder throughout the house encouraged more prayer time during the day. I am planning to purchase pictures of the 14 Stations of the Cross from Catholic Heritage Curricula to pin up on the wall of our school room. The "littles" will learn about the Stations and then we all will make the Stations on Friday during prayer time.

Dear family and friends,
Please join us in saying the St. Therese Novena located on the sidebar. Please pray for our intentions and we will surely be praying for yours.
Blessings,
Marianne

No comments: