Tuesday, June 9, 2009

5 Things I am Grateful For...


I have been so tired lately. There is so much going on, it feels as if I am up with a newborn every night. Yesterday, I almost felt as if I could fall asleep at the wheel coming home from the train station. I'm glad I had the sense to go to a drive through restaurant and purchase a Coke. I mean it's not usually sensible to drink soda since you can clean your car battery with it...but in this case...quite sensible! But after reading Elizabeth Foss's chapter "Battling Back from Burnout" taken from her book Real Learning for the 10th time (I'm not kidding), I was so refreshed! It is the perfect chapter to read if you are battling burnout or as a preventative for burnout.

I decided to do Elizabeth's daily exercise taken from page 122 of her book. The exercise is to list 5 things daily that you are grateful for.

For Monday June 8th:

_cell phones (so I can talk to boys whenever I want)
_for Molly playing outside in the beautiful sunshine with her wooden barn and toy horses
_for the plush green mountains around our house
_Lily' s patience with Molly
_ Books on CD for ride home

I'm missing the boys terribly but was interested in reading their one liners on Twitter! Just click HERE.

No comments: