Thursday, June 4, 2009
Living a Private Life in the Public Eye
I thought that this was such a beautiful article that Elizabeth Foss wrote on 'John and Kate Plus Eight'. I've never seen the show but am totally aware of their presence due to the tabloids at the grocery store. This family is smattered everywhere. Elizabeth Foss paints a lovely picture of the reality of "large" catholic families. We have 5 children (and I feel we do not qualify as a large family...maybe medium?) and all of the large families I know take the view of Elizabeth Foss because that's who they are...lovely, faithful, Catholic, Christian families. I say "Amen" to this article by Elizabeth and definitely worth the read!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I really enjoyed this article too. With my two boys I feel like we have an extremely small family, and it bothers me that there's this negative idea of large families out there -- because we always wanted to have one (and I agree with you, :) five children doesn't really seem to qualify as large to me - medium fits though). :)
Things are doing well out our way - do keep praying - I just might end up on your side of the US by the end of the summer! :)
hugs,
~Jenny
Post a Comment