Monday, November 2, 2009

From NYC to CA


We will be leaving today for NYC. We'll drive into the city and then tomorrow we will fly out to California so that the boys can take the last of their meetings. This has been a busy few months for the boys and they have been enjoying every bit of it. The boys were in NYC this past week going to meetings but the highlight of their trip was getting back into the studio and redoing vocals on "Red Violin". I saw some of the video footage and I got the chills. It is by far one of my favorite songs that they have written.

This past week I stayed home with the girls. They are just so precious! Lily is such a tremendous help. They helped with running our store. I think they are the ones who sold earrings to a new customer. She was really taken with them. I wish I had another camera (the boys take all the filming gear when they go) because I would love to snap photos of the little things they do that add up to so much.

I feel very excited about this week but there is a spot in my heart that wishes the girls could go too! <<>> They are in good hands with their grandmother. In fact everyone, my parents, friends, Aunt Joyce, brothers, and sisters have been so helpful these past two years as this musical journey unfolded.

Very big decisions will have to be made in the upcoming weeks. We have committed our children to the Lord and we know that if we ask for His will then we can rest knowing that it is in the Good God's hands.

We celebrated this week when the boys came home. (They arrived home at midnight on friday.) We visited for an hour but the celebration really began the next day when we do our annual dress-ups. Really, we don't just dress up then, but throughout the year. But it has become a sort of tradition over the years to dress up and then film skits! We have quite a collection of film footage!

Here are a few snap shots of Saturday night:

The clan with their father the highlander...

A hippie...
George Harrison...
Paul McCarteny...
Santa's elf
John Lennon...


No comments: