So glad you stopped by! We don't use logic resources per say...I know a lot of home schoolers use Memoria Press for logic. We mostly talk together as a family about things we read, teach our children to question everything, to not take written word as the truth, and our children have come to us questioning textbooks and even have cited in textbooks things that are written as facts and are wrong, or they have spotted many biased opinions in their books. I am currently concentrating on critical thinking with our younger children. When they are reading not just answering questions that they can easily find the answers to in the text..but digging a bit deeper. Now you got me thinking.... Thanks for asking this question! Marianne
If you were wondering about the context, it has to do with some research I'm doing on the medieval Trivium. I'm currently very fascinated by the idea of "tools of knowledge."
Best of luck and prayers for the boys and your whole family!
3 comments:
+JMJ+
Marianne, I hadn't known that you made this blog public, or else I would have visited sooner!
Chasing Lizzie sounds great! =)
By the way, I have a homeschooling-related question. Do you teach Logic in your homeschool? If so, what resources do you use? Thanks!
So glad you stopped by!
We don't use logic resources per say...I know a lot of home schoolers use Memoria Press for logic.
We mostly talk together as a family about things we read, teach our children to question everything, to not take written word as the truth, and our children have come to us questioning textbooks and even have cited in textbooks things that are written as facts and are wrong, or they have spotted many biased opinions in their books.
I am currently concentrating on critical thinking with our younger children. When they are reading not just answering questions that they can easily find the answers to in the text..but digging a bit deeper.
Now you got me thinking....
Thanks for asking this question!
Marianne
+JMJ+
Thanks for your reply!
If you were wondering about the context, it has to do with some research I'm doing on the medieval Trivium. I'm currently very fascinated by the idea of "tools of knowledge."
Best of luck and prayers for the boys and your whole family!
Post a Comment