Saturday, February 6, 2010

This week flew by! Busy, busy, busy! Meetings, recording and songwriting sessions, and my parents, brother, his wife, and little girl came for a visit and we hooked up with our dear friends, Drew and Julia, here in New York City. We've been to The Metropolitan Museum of Art (actually Lily and I have been twice.) And...walking happens to be one of our favorite pastimes:)

Yesterday, Andre, the girls, and Phillip went back to Vermont for an orthodontist appointment and a few other things...like a printer! Yep, I really noticed not having a printer this week during our homeschooling hours. But I also noticed that we are doing great here with the little that we brought which leads me to believe that we have way too many possessions! Besides the printer, I have missed virtually nothing! We are doing fine with only 8 servings of plates, bowls, cups, mugs, and one of each kind of pot or sauce pan! So the question is how do you get rid of it all? Any suggestions?

Oh! And... the girls absolutely did not want to go back to Vermont. So, we went to a very expensive paper store and purchased two sketchbooks so that they could sketch on the drive home. (Yes, I know that's bribery, but it worked:) Plus, Lily plans to go back to The Met and find an object or two to sit in front of and sketch. Molly would like to have a go at it too!

The snow storm is only going to drop about two inches here. The snow looks so beautiful in the city and a walk in Central Park with a hot chocolate is definitely in order for today. ( There is a sweet Russian man who runs a little outdoor cafe at the park and he makes great hot chocolate.)

I have taken loads of pictures and I will post them later today. I need to get the camera cord...it's somewhere around here!
Blessing to all!
Love,
M

No comments: