Monday, June 28, 2010

A Little Nature Study

Yesterday was such a refreshing day.  After church, we went to our favorite spot to eat and then back home...ah...  We decided to have a relaxing day and just do whatever came to mind.  Molly and I went on a nature exploring mini expedition (which has always been a favorite with our family and really kind of hard to accomplish in New York City.)

Molly caught some dragonflies and she pointed out a mushroom growing in our grass that was the exact mushroom that was in a photograph at the apartment we stayed at recently.  In the photo, we couldn't quite tell what it was at first because only the little "fans" were visible and it was the size of a large wall!

I have always tried to grow gardens and some years are better than others but check out the pumpkins we are growing!  Yeah...in front of Phillip's shop from some pumpkins seeds from last Halloween's pumpkin display.  This year, I'm leaving the gardening part up to nature!

And how could we forget Molly's favorite: the lunar moth...he came by to dry off for a bit!

No comments: