I'm not that serious. In fact, our whole family isn't. I'm married to a man who I can, with all seriousness, call Goof Daddy. All the children are constantly cracking off jokes with the Big Instigater. What am I to do about this? I think I'll send them a memo, no, better yet a mission statement of how this home should be orderly, precise, and scheduled right down to the hour. Maybe I should go deep....no. I can't go Jerry Maguire on everyone. Although, I don't think I'm going to get fired too soon. There's nobody sniffing around to take this job. So, I'll just have to resolve myself to this place I call a three-ringed circus with the five clowns and their ringleader. It is really hard to get any school done when the head clown comes in and says,"I just heard thunder. I think it is a good idea if you call off school because of the danger that lightning poses on the children while holding their pencils and working on the computer." Then, everyone laughs (except for me). I have to go to another room to laugh. Why should he be encouraged by me? At least the children did explain to him that lightning wouldn't hit their pencils and then gave the scientific reasons. It really is amazing we get any school done at all! We did have a family meeting, though, and I had to tell everyone that there is just too much foolishness in this household. That from 8:30 am until 2:00pm there is not to be any joking or laughing whatsoever. Homeschooling is not funny. Life is not funny. And... all of you are NOT funny!
And then they all burst out laughing! Am I aggravated with my husband? No, I secretly love it! He keeps us all laughing which I think I've read somewhere is really healthy. Actually, I knew he was funny before I married him. So, I knew what I was getting into. But once in a while it feels good to rant. And I can honestly say to my husband, "You had me at the first laugh."
2 comments:
Your house sounds like ours - lots of smart alecks ( in a nice way, of course! lol!).
Marianne, I've seen mighty German Shepherds cowering upon hearing your authoritative voice. How dare your children disobey? I'm sure the only reason they goof off is to perform for their favorite fan -- you.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and family with us.
Post a Comment