Monday, May 7, 2007

I Think I Can Do This

Well, here is my first shot at blogging! Am I a moonlighter? No, not really. 10:00 pm is the absolute limit for my bed time and rising at between 5:00 to 6:00 am is the norm for me. But, I just love the moonlight in Vermont because of the beauty of the mountains and the back drop of the stars.

This is the place where God seems to dwell. Of course, I know God is everywhere,but it is like being in front of the Tabernacle at church. You can just feel God's presence. Catholic moonlight in Vermont can happen when you are awakened in the night by one of your little ones, and you look out of the window at the view of God's universe and then prayer begins. Those who are close to your heart are again layed at Christ's feet. Nothing at that moment can interupt that sacred moment because the daily
bustle has ceased to exist until the waking hour.

Daylight in Vermont can be just as holy because when little voices sound, you know another day has begun and all the joy of the many years with your family is realized and more memories will be created. And this is what this diary will be about---our life with God, living, and homeschooling in Vermont.

5 comments:

Stef said...

Liking it already, M! Looking forward to reading more...

Diane said...

What a beautiful first post! I look forward to more.

I visited Vermont years ago and loved it, such a gorgeous setting. This post makes me want to come again.

Welcome to blogging!

MarieC said...

Your blog look great! Looking forward to checking it out!

Mysti said...

What an awesome blog. My favorite Moonlit evening in Vermont was when we went iceskating one full moon night. There was probably a good foot of snow on the ground that reflected the moon and lit up our world that evening. Have you been moonlight iceskating since?

christopher said...

You have a beautiful blog and a beautiful family, glad you made it public, may God continue to bless you!