Monday, May 28, 2007

Wake Up Pretty Flower in the Spring

Today, on Memorial Day, it is a day of thanksgiving. Thankfulness for our country, thankfulness for the people in the military who sacrafice so much! We personally know a young man who served down in Iraq and let me tell you that he is a wonderful person, of faith, but maybe has lost just a little of it being down there, required to do things that no man should ever be required to do. He was in Iraq for a year and a half. I keep bumping into this particular gentleman---saw him at VINS in fact. I would like to dedicate this song I wrote this spring to all of our military. It speaks of new life and new beginnings.

I'm like a flower in the spring,
Blowin' in the lilac breeze.
Seein' the blue sky and honey bees.
And I'm alive!

Wake up pretty flower in the spring.
All the world around is blooming.
And you are part of it all.... aint it wonderful?

Look out a new front is rolling in
And I know I will never be the same
I'm like a flower wakin' up in the spring
And I'm alive!

Wake up pretty flower in the spring.
All the world around is blooming.
And you are part of it all...aint it wonderful?.....aint it wonderful?

1 comment:

Mysti said...

Marianne, when are you going to record this song for the Marianne's Music spot of your blog. I love your song Journey. It brought tears to my eyes.