Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Lake Arrowhead Fires

Today will probably be the hardest day to get through without the constant thought of my parents 3000 miles away. Their community was hit by the California wildfires and my heart aches because they are quite sure that their home has been lost. Two days ago, they had to evacuate and very quickly. They only took some clothing and my Mom's Martin 12 string guitar.(I need an emoticon for crying now.) They were able to locate information last evening that their particular street, especially the northern part, was hit hard by the fires. Unfortunately, they are as far north on their street as you can possibly get. One man stayed and manage to save his own home and a few others with a shovel and some water but that was at the southern part of their street. I know many people have been praying for this whole situation. By some miracle, the house could still be there...and I do believe in miracles. But the biggest miracle is the stoic attitude of my mother and father. My Dad said," Everyone's safe, we are healthy, we have our loved ones, we have each other." (More crying now.) My mother said,"This is so hard. We've lost things...but it is just stuff." I wish there was a way to hug them across so many miles.

The Lake Arrowhead community has a special place in our heart as we lived 7 years of our life there has husband and wife and had Forrest and Andre there. I remember so well these beautiful areas that have been hit so hard and all people involved have our prayers.

This is my first prayer request blog but if you've read past blogs, you know how I feel about prayer. All of these communities will need prayers to have the strength they will need to get through these times. Thank you.

1 comment:

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Praying, Marianne...I'm sorry.