Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Links

I'm making a study of how Blogspot works and I am finally able to put up a few links. I hope to do a 4Real Learning blogroll soon. Also, I would like to add Podcast daily mass readings that way I won't have to go to Elizabeth's typepad (author of Real Learning) to have the family listen to the daily mass readings.

In high school, I remember loving literature but disliking the five paragraph essays that went along with them. (Which,by the way, I love to do now and strongly encourage the children to do.) I remember sitting at my desk with pen at hand for countless hours wondering where I would begin. I think too much was made out of writing and that writing should come as naturally as talking. That's why I have encouraged the children to start their own blogs. Who's jumping on board? Our oldest and he's having a lot of fun with it!

How do I feel about writing now? I LOVE it and I hope the children will feel the same way. I love blogs because it gives the writer the opportunity to be creative. It takes the rules out of writing so to speak and allows for writing to be inspiring and most of all allows the writer to be creative! I will be adding a few of our favorites to the sidebar besides our family...maybe one really cool naturalist and steadfast blogger who from Florida and a few more really awesome mothers who are bloggers from down under:)

Saint Benedict Academy is our chosen name of our homeschool because last year we read aloud Saint Benedict by Windeatt and as a family we were so in awe of him. We now often pray to him with little interjections as simple as "St. Benedict, pray for us." I hope to post on our St. Benedict blog what we use for homeschooling materials, books we read, and other homeschooling inspirations. Because a dear friend drew to our attention Drew Campbell's blog and his highschool recommendations for religious studies, we will be reading aloud as a family Rule of Saint Benedict by Timothy Fry:)

No comments: