Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Fun Day




What can you do on a rainy day in Vermont? Play games! We played "Marsh Master", a game about wetland habitats in Vermont, several times yesterday. This fun activity morphed into field guides, genus-species names, and a bulletin board for our 4 year old. She was able to play this cooperative game and felt very big in being included with her brother and sister. I love cooperative games so much that I'd really love to toss all other games out of the window!

This game is about a boy, Arnold Apathetic, who is determined to litter up the wetlands. One child is chosen to play Arnold and it is the job of all of the other players to stop him. It was funny to hear our four year old break out into a bellowing laugh every time she littered up the marsh lands! (We love to play act!)

I managed to copy some of the cards which we posted in our school room. They are great inspirations for sketching which is on the agenda today...along with another game of "Marsh Master".

Sidenote: I was only able to find this game at Ebay.

1 comment:

Neuropoet said...

That does sound like fun! :) I've recently taken on another student at our little school (helping out another homeschooling family on different days of the week) and something like this could be a lot of fun. Of course, I suppose it might not go as smoothly with our particular "different-abilites" - games don't always go well. We had a really bumpy day today - I had to cut hair (and that's always a nightmare) - but I won't have to do it again now for weeks! :)

Peace,
Jenny