Why do I have a blog?I mean isn't it a little self-important? Jungle Pete, a fellow blogger, pointed that out a little while ago when he first started blogging and I must agree:) There are a few answers to this question(which I have been asked a few times). If you don't already know it, I am a big fan of 4Real Learning and Elizabeth Foss's book Real Learning. Last year when I was reading some posts at that forum, the subject of blogging came up and why A LOT of the ladies do it there. Mainly, they like to keep track of what they are doing with school. I thought, "What a great idea!" Now here's the next question: Why three blogs?"
Catholic Moonlight in Vermont was an idea for a blog I had one night while praying...hence the name. It is a place where I tell what is going on with everything: faith, family life, friends, and school..all things really important to me. It is a place where my parents and relatives can go to catch up on what we are doing without picking up the phone. I plan one day to print it as a book that can be perused by our family kind of like our mothers and grandmothers did with photo albums. Before this blog, I had a drawer full of pictures and a shoebox for each child with special momentos and that was it!
Saint Benedict Academy is a place to put lots of schooly thoughts, ideas, and accomplishments. I really wanted it in one place. Saint Benedict is our school's patron and now the confirmation name of our oldest son. We are such admirers of Saint Benedict that our other two boys want him as their patron saint when they are confirmed! I also wanted to share with others what we do with school. These ideas have been done many times before and I credit Laura Berquist, Elizabeth Foss, authors of the many resources we use, and a lot of ladies at the 4 Real Learning Forum!
Play in Time is an idea I came up with because I just don't have the time to teach preschool music classes right now. I really miss those children and teaching preschool music is a passion of mine! Again, I wanted these lessons all in one place so that the program would be easy for mothers to use! We have been blessed with lots of music in our household and I wanted to give back. And through giving you receive. What have I received through doing this blog? Our dear Lily's singing voice, who before this blog would not open her mouth to sing a note. She is now singing and composing music. She can't keep away from the piano and loves singing on the microphone and recording. So thanks to you all who use Play in Time with your children!
So, I will keep blogging even if it seems a little self-important to me because the benefits outweigh the self importance. I will keep blogging because I love writing and my children see that I do. I will keep blogging because my children, my family(Mom and Dad), and friends read these blogs. I will continue to blog because someday when the youth of my children has passed away, there will be treasures that they will reflect on and they will be able to say, "Remember when...?"
6 comments:
Bless you and Thank you Marianne for sharing your heart through this blog. I have never read one drop of vanity in any your writings but pure rejoicing in the Lord. For it is written, "Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS. I say again REJOICE."
Thanks again for giving us (your friends and family) a venue to share in your blessings and a chance to rejoice with you.
Many blogs and bloggers scream "look at me". I sheepishly admit I do. (My therapist could provide a great explination as to why - but why ruin the mystery).
I watched a purple gallinule - a beautiful irridescent blue, purple and green bird flash its wings, strutting across the pond and calling for the ladies. He was saying "look at me!" and then the alligator ate him. Other birds are a little more subtle but in the end it comes down to what you have to say and how you say it. This analogy makes perfect sense to me. :)
For me when I read your posts I see an amazing family being raised with love and positive energy. Its very cool!
Mysti, I miss you! You have always been a light!
Thank you once again for your words of inspiration!
marianne
O.K., Pete now I'm teary eyed! Our whole family adores you and our boys love to read YOUR blog!(me too.)
We miss you!!!!!!!
On another note, we are proud to say that the boys wrote a song called "Green". We went green at the grocery store today by bringing our own cloth bags. I felt very excited about this...it doesn't take much to make me excited today. (I am embarrassed to say we haven't done this sooner...it takes a lot of bags to feed this family;)
Thanks for your blog...WE LOVE IT!
marianne
Marianne,
I just wanted to tell you I love stopping by to read your blog (all three of them!) - it's so encouraging to read about another family's adventures, whether it's in homeschooling or elsewhere...
Peace be with you,
~Jenny
Thank you, Jenny! I love yours too! :) i love reading about your amazing boys!
blessings,
marianne
(Typing this at a hotel before the boys' gig tonight.)
Post a Comment