Saturday, October 25, 2008

Prove It!


I just finished Prove It! Prayer by Amy Welborn and I loved it!  These books are written for teenagers but I got so much out of it.  Our two high schoolers are reading Prove It! Church and I have unsolicited responses from them.  On the way home from the dentist yesterday Andre said, "Mom, I really like this book!  If someone questions me, I will know what to say."  And I replied, "I am so glad and more importantly, you can stave off those seeds of doubt!"

I highly recommend all of these books.  I have been reading all of them at once ( thanks to Drew for letting me borrow them.)  Forrest is reading Prove It! God and he came to me also with "Mom, I really like this book."  Plus, he's going around the house asking philosophical questions...I love it when that happens...especially with a 12 year old.

So...although I didn't buy these this school year, this is a definite purchase at Christmas.  I don't want the girls to miss out and everybody in this house is reading them all!!!

One quibble:  Sometimes the examples in high school situations given by the author are a little silly,  and I nor our children can relate to them but I always believe in NOT throwing out the baby with the bath water.  The pros definitely outweigh the one little con in these books.

Prove It!   Highly recommended!

2 comments:

Neuropoet said...

We're reading Prove It Church on Thursdays - well my oldest is along with the 13 year old who comes here for his lessons sometimes. So far we're enjoying it, but we're not getting to read it as regularly as I'd like since we're trying to read it out loud together and our "other student" doesn't come regularly. I'm considering finishing it with one and sending it home with the other... I'm glad to know it's going to be worth the hassle of figuring out who reads it when! :)

~Jenny

Marianne Elizabeth said...

Yes, Jenny! I can't rave about these enough. My kids are discussing these constantly! I do plan to have our 12 year old read them again in high school.
Blessings,