Now look at this picture...It's not the complete picture...I left some things out...This is what happens in theory when you look at someone's life from the outside!
Yesterday, I prayed throughout the day a Saint Anne novena, lots of "Hail Mary's", a complete Rosary, and listened to Gregorian chant. I'm perfect right? My prayer life is perfect right? Wrong...the only reason I did all of that praying is because I am imperfect. I have inner struggles. WE have outer struggles. I was at Christ's feet yesterday pleading with Him, begging Him and also praying for every single family that reads this blog and for families that don't.
And then there are days when I am so dry that I just can't pray. That's when I can only say three words, "Lord help me." A pretty weak prayer right? But God is so good that hears us anyhow. That I know.
A word about perfection. When I think of perfection, I think of Heaven. For that is the only place that perfection exists and will remain.
Here on earth there will always be struggles. That's what keeps us humble. I had a nice lady come into our store the other day and share a phrase her mother always used to say about accepting God's will, "We don't have to like it but we do have to accept it." I've been thinking a lot about that this week. I smiled yesterday as I thought about what it is like to really accept God's will. It means that no matter what, you totally accept what ever you are going through as what God thinks is the best for you!
It is the abandoning of ALL my will to that of Our Dear Lord's. That is very hard to do!
A word about our family:
-We have many imperfect home schooling days.
-We have days where we have missed prayer as a family.
-We have days when one or several children melt down.
-We have days when Mom, Dad or both of us melt down.
-We have days when I think what the #@LL are we doing all of this for? Yes, even epithets at times. And then I am once again back in Confession...to that beautiful sacrament of abundant Grace.
We are just people trying to live out our faith on this earth. We are people that may look perfect to you but we are not. We are just the SAME as you...living, learning, loving one another the best that we can knowing someday that all will become clear when it is revealed to us in Heaven.
1 comment:
It's always good to remember that we are all human, and we are all growing together!
~Jenny
Post a Comment