Sunday, September 23, 2007

Not Tonight...

WAY BACK WHEN
Molly at 20 months

Baby #5

The Flannel Brothers

Forrest and Cousin Amanda

Alex and Andre-my babies

When I was a child I used to think that the school year went by SO SLOWLY. I thought the four years of high school would last forever! But when you have children, you cannot help but see time gradually slipping by. I can actually remember vividly when our first was born...the smells of the room, the words I said, the look on my husband's face, the words my father said,"Marianne, he looks real good. He's got all his fingers. He's got all his toes."

WHY DO THEY ALL HAVE TO GROW UP?:>(

When Alex, our oldest went to school in seventh grade we really missed him. One evening my husband and
I our were discussing our new adjustment to him being in school. I was nursing our newest little baby and she fell asleep in my arms.
My husband said, "Can I put her to bed for you?" and then I said,"No, I just want to love her a little more." My husband said, "Great song." One of our favorite past times as husband and wife is song writing.

And that night a song was born.

NOT TONIGHT

chorus: I just want to love you a little more
I just want to hold you a little more
I just want to love you a little more

There's no need to grow up just yet
The time will come soon enough
When you'll be all grown up
but not tonight...

I just want to love you a little more...

Let me hold you oh my sweet love
I could hold you forever
but I know you must grow up
but not tonight...

I just want to love you a little more...

The night is getting late
your eyes are feeling so heavy
but the time is soon coming
when I must let you go
but not tonight...

I just want to love you a little more
I just want to look at you a little more
I just want to love you a little more

The stars are out the moon is smiling
but a new day soon is coming
and I know you must go

But not tonight....


copyright 2005

4 comments:

Diane said...

So sweet, Marianne, and so true. My mil is visiting and we were reminiscing about the days when my 14yo was a toddler. It seems like yesterday. Truly. I have enjoyed her at every single stage, but they all just pass too quickly. I know that her high schools years will fly by in a blur, and I wish I knew a way to slow it all down and make each moment count.

I would love to hear the music to this beautiful song. Can you make a video and share it here? (Or send it to me if you don't want it public?) What a special talent to share with your dh and what a gift to your family! God bless you.

Marianne Elizabeth said...

Diane,
It is fun to create music. I'm still trying to figure out a way to put music on blogspot. When I lay that song down I'd love to send it to you.

Yes, I've been in a sentimental mood lately. I love kissing the babies(and big kids of course) but my baby is four:( She is just TOO big. I feel so blessed that God chose my husband and I to have these 5 beautiful people with us...and trying to enjoy every moment!
Blessings to you and your lovely family!!!

Elizabeth Foss said...

I'm am having a very good, very overdue cry here at my keyboard. Thank you so much for putting my heart into words. My firstborn is at college for the first time. His birthday is Saturday. Then, my little girl turns 5 on Sunday, I gain another teenager on Tuesday, and my baby will be one on Thursday. I'm overwhelmed by the emotion of the week ahead. You blessed me tonight more than I can say.
Love,
Elizabeth Foss

Marianne Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday to all of your little ones ( and,yes, your college student too). For in a mother's eyes they will always be our little ones. I will be thinking of you and your family this upcoming week of birthdays how wonderful to have such beautiful children!
Blessings,
Marianne