A time to laugh.
A time to smile.
A time to encourage.
A time to enjoy the beauty of nature.
Time for a walk.
Helping time
Sharing time
Class time
Learning to blow bubbles time.
The girls sharing art time.
Alex and Andre doing bee time.
Molly having a quiet time with her red wagon.
I have always been attracted to the Waldorf method of teaching. It encourages the children to follow the flow of the seasons. We used to keep a seasonal table. Fall was always my favorite. The table was arrayed with pieces of wood, multi-colored leaves, acorns, and many more natural treasures collected by the children. What I am learning now is the beauty of the liturgical seasons and how the whole family can follow along throughout the year. There are liturgical colors: white being feast days, purple being waiting and preparation days (as in lent and advent), and green being ordinary time. I always used to wonder, can ordinary time be just as exciting as the feasts? And I have come to the conclusion, that yes, God can have us grow so much during ordinary time! Is that why the color is green? I don't really know. The church has always done things with planned purpose, but the thought of spiritual growth works for me. Well since we have been in ordinary time for 20+ weeks now, and the summer being so green, I thought I'd do a liturgical photograph gallery capturing ordinary time. Will it show any of the things we do as a family spiritually? No. But after the Rosary, gregorian chant, Divine Chaplet, Angelus, Bible reading, Daily Mass Readings, and reading of the saints, there is God's call for us to go out and live among others according to His teaching. And, yes, God wants us to be happy. As I was writing this I could not help think of one of my favorite scriptures which speaks about the seasons of life:
"There is an appointed time for everything, and a time for every affair under the heavens. A time to be born, and a time to die:a time to plant, and a time to uproot the plant. A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to tear down, and a time to build. a time to weep, and a time to laugh,a time to mourn and a time to dance. A time to scatter stones, and a time to gather them:a time to embrace, and a time to be far from embraces. A time to seek, and a time to lose, a time to keep, and a time to cast away. A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to be silent, and a time to speak." Ecclesiastes 3:1-7
1 comment:
I love this post, Marianne. The photos are fabulous, and your reflection on ordinary time is simply beautiful. Thanks for the reminder to notice the ordinary.
Happy Weekend!
Post a Comment