Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Eve



We are singing as a family at Christmas Eve Mass at Saint Margaret Mary Church. I am really looking forward to it. What a privilege it is to sing and play with my boys. Andre will be on the keyboard(mostly piano), myself (vocals and sometimes acoustic guitar), Alex ( classical guitar), and Forrest on vocals. Here's what we are doing:

Entrance: "What Child is This?" (me,Alex and Andre)

Offertory: "Away in a Manger" (Forrest and I)

Communion: "O Come, O Come Emmanuel" (me, Alex, and Andre)
"God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman" (Alex (classically picked guitar and I (vocals)
"Sing Mary, Sing" (me on guitar, Forrest and I vocal duet)

Recessional: "Silent Night" All of us

It should really be lovely, peaceful and meditative. We chose only 3 songs at communion this year because we think it is lovely to sit in contemplative silence after receiving Holy Communion.

After church, family will gather here for a few hours to enjoy some pizza and hors d'oeuvres and then it will my very favorite evening of the year. My husband and I will prepare gifts for under the tree while watching the televised Christmas Eve mass from Rome. We will reflect on this past year together, reflect on its blessings, and we will wait in joyful anticipation for the dawn on Christmas day when sweet joyful faces will wait at the top of the stairs while Daddy and I make coffee, light the fire, and press play on our Cd player with our very favorite Christmas songs. Then the children's cue will be heard..."Holy Moly, just look at all of this!"(said by Daddy) and then the children will pounce down the stairs and the festivities will begin:)

1 comment:

Anne (aussieannie) said...

This sounds like such a blessed Christmas! Wishing all the best for the coming New Year, full of God's choicest blessings!

God Bless, Anne