Sunday, December 2, 2007

Just Another Day in Paradise...

I was reading the chapter on burn-out in Elizabeth's book Real Learning the other day. I was so pleased to realize that I am NOT burned out. How did I get out of it when life has been at its busiest? I have been burned out before so I won't be one of those people who will sit here and tell you that I've never felt tired, down, exhausted, or discouraged. It must be through God's grace that I am able to wake up with energy, excitement, and peace about what each day will bring. After 10 years of home schooling, I have realized what works for our family and that has brought tremendous joy to our homeschooling days. I realized when I was reading Real Learning that I was following Elizabeth's "remedy" for coming back from burn-out without realizing it. Some of Elizabeth's suggestions are:

-To rest more and take excellent care of your physical body.(Ladies, be kind to your body as you did when you were pregnant.)
-To spend some time outdoors daily
-To make time to be alone
-And to begin your day invoking the power of the Holy Spirit and end it with heartfelt gratitude

I love her idea of reflecting on what your were thankful for at the end of each day. She mentions time alone with her husband and freshly laundered sheets. These two happen to be my personal favorites too!

Here are some of things that I am thankful for. Those stolen moments with our children when they say and do things that are as one popular commercial on television state "priceless."



Getting fresh air..

Science experiments...

Doing school work with a good attitude...

Meeting Tomie de Paola @ Northshire Bookstore...

Filming Latin commercials with my children...

1 comment:

Jackson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.