I think one of the greatest blessings in a home schooling day is having a little one around. There are so many precious words and moments to capture. Yesterday, Molly wanted pasta (one of her favorite meals) and after she ate her pasta she blew three kisses to her bowl. AH....tiny little hands doing cute little things once again. She blew three kisses because one of her favorite stories is Strega Nona, by Tomie de Paola. Strega Nona has a magic pasta pot over flowing with pasta. The only way to stop the pasta from continuing to be made is to blow it three kisses:)
After she blew three kisses to her food, we had to read the story again. I read and stop and pause and she fills in the blanks. It's a game we love to play and what can I say? It's fun. We keep a basket of books by the fire now... mostly Tomie de Paola books and lots of Christmas books.
I don't think we can eat pasta anymore without blowing kisses. How fun this winter will be reading by the fire, enjoying these treasured moments when our 4 year old will say and do such precious little things.
No comments:
Post a Comment