Sunday, December 30, 2007

Monthly Prayer Intentions


I decided to add a beautiful link to one of my favorite Catholic home schooling suppliers, Catholic Heritage Curricula (chcweb.com). They do supply free curriculum but one of my favorite links that I go to every month is the Monthly intentions of the Holy Father. For instance this December the General intention is for those who have AIDS and the Mission intention is for Asia. These intentions are written for children and I love the detail the author, Kristy Linnhoff, goes into. I usually print out the intentions and pin them up onto the wall. We start out the month with a read aloud of both intentions. We love to mark the map to where the missionary intention is for the month. If you can read about a saint from that particular country, even better! (I'm a big fan of the Vision, Ignatius, and Mary Fabyan Windeatt saint books)

A few months ago the general intention was for those involved in maritime activities. The children were thrilled to include their uncle who is at sea for 3 weeks at a time. If you've been reading my blog then you know how I feel about prayer and it feels so wonderful to unite with the Pope and other Catholics who are praying for the same intentions!

Blessings to all this upcoming new year!

No comments: