We were packing this afternoon for NYC. (We leave tomorrow for the week.) I was folding laundry when our neighbor knocked on our door and said 6 feet of flames were coming out of the top of our chimney. Phillip quickly put out the fire in our fireplace and called the fire department. They arrived and did a thorough check of our chimney. They cleaned it and checked for hot spots with a thermal camera. "All is well that ends well" as the saying goes. It was actually pretty scary at first. These guys were awesome. We know a lot of these guys and cross paths all of the time... just not usually in this manner. A big huge thanks to Rick Hawley and of course John Zuk, our neighbor.
It is safe to leave the house and go to New York City tomorrow per the fire department. It is even safe to use our fireplace again. We will have a chimney sweep check it over when we get back.
There is never a dull moment in this household. But, I feel blessed for this to have had a good outcome. It is scary to think if we didn't notice, what could have happened. I am constantly praying for safety and I won't be giving that up any time soon.
1 comment:
Wow!! That's just too much excitement - I'm so glad everything turned out okay - what a blessing that it was caught before any real damage was done.... I hope your trip to NYC is a safe and fruitful one... keep us posted!!
hugs,
~Jenny
Post a Comment