Saturday, January 30, 2010

It's 6:30 a.m. as I sit here in my little corner in our sitting room drinking my delicious coffee and it feels so right! Laguna Niguel is my hometown, Vermont is our home, and New York is our home away from home. God has settled us in a neighborhood with TWO churches around the corner..that's right...and I highly suspect there are more nearby.

Yesterday, we woke up and had breakfast in our apartment. Everyone just knew what to do and went busily to work like little elves and... flew right through their school work. Homeschooling never felt easier!
I took the dog for a walk...I have the morning shift and Phillip has the night shift. Our german shepherd behaves more here than at home! He heels, sits at crosswalks, walks through aisles at stores heeling at Phillip's side (according to Phillip at 9 p.m. last night after getting back from Rite Aid), and lays around the apartment like he's always lived here.

After the kids were done with school, we had lunch(homemade Spaghetti Marinara) and then off to the subway the boys went with Dad to do a little songwriting with one of their producers.
The girls and I went for a walk and three minutes later happened upon a little Catholic Church where we prayed and lit candles.
Then, off we went to a New York City public library where the girls got their very own library cards. Molly is so thrilled. She has been wanting a library card forever and all family members are required to have their own library cards if they want to check out books.
We chose our books and carried them home. I told the girls that we couldn't check out our usual twenty to thirty books but would just have to settle on a couple.
We went home and I cooked bean burritos and hung out relaxing until the boys strolled in around quarter to eight.
We feel so blessed to be on this journey!
I happened upon this blog this morning when I was looking up mass times! It is a lovely blog on the Catholic Churches in Manhattan.
Blessings,

No comments: