Boys rehearsing "Glass of Water" by Cold Play
Last week the boys were rehearsing...as they do daily. I am always filming, recording, and photographing everything. Our living room is the rehearsal room and has been for 7 years! About 3 years ago we decided to repaint our living room. We bought a new sofa and my husband and I decided to move the boys into another room and "take back" the living room. It took us weeks to decide what color to paint the walls. We bought little cans of paint and in the evenings Phillip would paint a little section. We would wait for the paint to dry, look at the color at night and all throughout the next day. One swatch looked like Barney's belly...you know, that purple dinosaur? It was thumbs down on that color. Then, we bought swatches that were about 2 feet x 2 feet and posted them throughout the living room. Finally, we decided on the color. I was excited. I went upstairs to read for a bit while Phillip painted away. "Marianne, come look and let's see what you think." I excitedly ran downstairs and stared at the walls. Silence. Since my husband and I have been together for nigh 20 years, he could read my mind. "Marianne, please don't say anything." I said, "Honey, it looks great...keep painting."
I went upstairs, not this time to read but to ponder and to realize that this color "molten" was the perfect color for our music room. Yep...music room. The band had not even been to New York, nor met anyone from New York. But inspiration was in my mind. I thought to myself, "Really awesome things will be created there. And..who really needs a living room anyway?"
Flash forward to 3 years later...who would have thought? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment