Monday, June 9, 2008

Outdoors Here We Come!

Now this is what I'm talking about! I LOVE summer in Vermont! My husband dropped me and our son's kayak off into the Batten Kill River yesterday. Forty-five minutes later I ended up at camp with all of our family, cousin Amanda, Logan, Bill and Michelle. When you are alone and paddling down such an awesome river, there is nothing to think about but God's beautiful gift of nature surrounding you. I feel truly blessed to have experienced it. Kayaking is one of our family's favorite pastimes. With lots of rehearsing and studying and taking finals, this was a break well needed by everyone. And, yes, a perfect activity for a 92 degree afternoon. Here are some of our other favorite pastimes while hanging out at the Batten Kill.

Camp with yummy Smores and hamburgers.

Little went with Big on the kayak and tubing with Daddy.

Our snorkling manic...

He does this all day...Likes to catch fish with his bare hands !:)

You'll need a pair of these before entering the river. (These Keens are my favorite. I usually keep them in the car:)

Lovely, gentle river...


Andre's kayak aka "The Twizzler"...

2 comments:

Jungle Pete said...

What a fun family you have. :) My quick jaunt to VT last weekend reminded me that I don't like Black Flies, but the pictures make me miss the Battenkill and the fun side of VT!

Marianne Elizabeth said...

Pete, I'm sure that the fun side of Vermont misses you!
Wish you were here longer than a quick jaunt. Loved your blog about the box at the airport! Going over to Jungle Pete's Adventures to make a comment:)