Thursday, June 5, 2008

While the Cat is Away the Mice Will Play!

My husband went away to Cape Cod this past weekend to help his mother paint her house. What do we do when The Cat is away? We play...well, work first then play. I really like managing our store solo. I liked calling the shots and telling everybody what to do :) It was a VERY busy two days and that made it all the more fun! My heart goes out to any home schooling mother that works too. We did school in between customers and by the end of the day I was exhausted. I've come to the conclusion that parents who work MUST get a second wind in the evenings...'cause that was what I was running on! Forrest went running with me on Saturday and I really had to MAKE myself go! Oh, BTW, The Cat is VERY playful so I had to be an Inventive Playful Mouse. We caught a movie...the new Indiana Jones flick, filled the kids' bellies with popcorn, candy, and soda, went for pizza one of the evernings, and I let my big boys watch Lost on the computer.

Since our store is not open on Sundays it was time for rest. Our friends were so kind as to invite us to their house for dinner on Sunday. Here are some pics:


Drinking our soda...


Of choice (Actually, Forrest's choice...he is a confirmed Dr. Pepper nut.)



The kids' playing their new invention...Whiffle Ball Hockey


And of course...hill rolling!

3 comments:

Neuropoet said...

Oooooo!! I LOVE hill-rolling! :)

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Looks like fun! We don't have any good ant-free hills nearby. :-(

Marianne Elizabeth said...

Yes! Rolling down hills with ants is NOT, I repeat, NOT recommended.

:)