Sunday, June 8, 2008

Went to a Bat Mitzvah!

Yesterday was an amazing day. Well, to begin with it was a whopping 92 degrees out with very high humidity. (Dad, just like Louisiana weather!) The boys and I played music at a Bat Mitzvah. The celebration after the ceremony was outside in a white tent and a grange hall on the Batten Kill River. I sang for the cocktail hour. Actually I sang for a half hour to the swimmers on the Batten Kill River...they were quite receptive and a lot of fun:) The boys did an hour set including three original songs and they were HOT (double meaning).

O.K. Dancing to "Hava Nagila" was SO fun. They had a D.J. that planned lots of games with the kids and of course I played...had to... I have a four year old you know...and believe me it was no sacrifice:) What was so wonderful about this celebration was the fun mixed with swimming in the river. The children and adults got to cool down between activities. I went in with jean skirt and all and was completely dried off in an hour...what a scorcher of a day! And what is even more lovely about the day is that there were so many good friends there including the bat mitzvahed girl and her mother. So excited for them!

So here are some pics of yesterday's festivities:


Congratulations to Hannah!

Learning the steps...

Dancing...

Beautiful faces...

1 comment:

Neuropoet said...

That sounds like such a fun experience! I can't believe you're having such warm weather - we didn't even make it to sixty degrees here yesterday. Today was a good bit warmer - in fact, I'd call it just right - low to mid seventies... :)

Hang in there in all that heat!
Peace be with you,
~Jenny