Monday, July 7, 2008

Eight Days a Week...I LOVE You!

These eight days were a lot of fun...just what the doctor ordered! I love vacations because they are refreshing and I am one of those people that after a vacation is completely refreshed and ready to work. This vacation was SO busy with activities that the days just flew by. We did two beach days...to my relief. I'm not big on watching kids at the beach... especially at Nauset Beach which is notorious for large waves. But, the sea was calmer than usual and we had fins and boogie boards strapped to all of our older kids. The first day I did have to fish someone's toddler out of the whitewash. Why do parents sunbathe while their 2 year old plays on the seashore unattended? I just don't get it.

I loved the Cape and my favorite time of the day was my morning Rosary walk/run with my German Shepherd, Gunther. I never run into anyone on this particular path behind my mother-in-law's house. It is a haven for me. There are three havens I know of on this earth: a quiet Catholic church, any nature walk in Vermont, and any nature walk on Cape Cod. I know there are more havens on earth which I would love to discover in the future...but I am so content with this three thus far:)

We had a good time eating "fried naughty food" as my husband puts it, playing miniature golf, relaxing, visiting, and reading. I read one Louis L'Amour book...It was fun...but one's really enough for now. Oh, and I almost forgot... our oldest four children and Cousin Amanda went on a 23 mile bike ride on a bike trail with their Aunt Michelle. I am impressed! Our nine year old kept up with all the gang.
Here are just a few pics of the fun:

Can you build me a house on the beach?

Oops! I think I need to pick these guys up!



Hmmm....is this a hole in one?

Cousin Amanda's really cool self designed Cons...

No comments: