Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Extracurricular...But Not Really! (click here)

I posted over at Saint Benedict Academy this morning my thoughts on extracurricular classes and their importance in our family for keeping the homeschooling doldrums away.  One of our ideas is skit night.  We have loved creating skits in the past and it would be fun to make up skits and film them!

What should we throw in the mix of our homeschooling day?
-Things that the children can do that they think is fun!
Instead of worksheet after worksheet, I might have the children draw what they learned in science or sculpt a literary character out of beeswax. (A personal favorite of our children.)

Most important?  GET THEM OUTDOORS!  It is for their sanity as well as yours. (Believe me I know and most moms will agree.)

Oh, and don't forget that trusty old standby in all areas of our lives: Prayer with a capital "P"!

Click link above for more on this...

No comments: