What??? Ice in Vermont already?
Then Lily says to me, "Mom, I want to ice skate." And Molly chimes in, "Mommy get my ice skates... PLEASE. I want to do it too." So, we went in the cellar and found our ice skates in the box I packed last spring (that was a miracle)and the other miracle was that the ice skates fit the girls! Molly said, "Mom, your ice skates fit too! You didn't grow that much."
So off we went to the pond behind our house. Wow! It was as smooth as glass. These pics are shot at dusk. Actually, I'm surprised the photos came out.
Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles. (Is 40:31)
We skated for a couple of hours...until it was REALLY dark. I didn't want to leave. It was one of those moments in life that I will never forget.


My favorite shot of the the week. Molly playing with her red wagon...
Cold out but fun...Another moment that I'm so happy to have captured.
Wishing you all a happy thanksgiving! There is so much to be thankful for; times are tough but there is hope. So much hope when we can rest in Him.
1 comment:
What wonderful pictures! I've never been ice-skating - but if I ever get the chance I would love to try it - particularly if it's outside on a real pond! :) That just makes me think "holidays"... What a great way to grow up - and the memories have to be priceless! :)
~Jenny
Post a Comment