Sunday, December 7, 2008

I love this picture that our goddaughter, Maria, emailed us.  What  a lovely reminder of the 2nd Sunday of Advent!  Thank you, Maria.

The snow was flying today and it was a perfect day for outdoor activities.  The children spent a lot of time outside in the snow.  We usually save Sunday for family activities because the weekdays are usually so busy.
We've been occupied with things around the house, the store, with our children's activities, and with the Burnham Bros. Band.  The band is gearing up for a really busy 2009 and they have been writing  songs and rehearsing for gigs.  

Lily has been singing too.   She has learned "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", "Castle On a Cloud", "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again",  and now is learning "Pie Jesu" and 'Think of Me".  We found out that Molly can sing scales now!  I love when this happens!
Life has been busy and very challenging.   Sometimes I feel like we are in the "Life Comes at You Hard"  commercial.
:)

1 comment:

Neuropoet said...

Oh my goodness - snow! I would love to have snow for the boys to play in! We have plenty of rain out here in the Northwest, :) but snow days are few and far between in our part of it. Maybe we'll get a few this year... :)

Hope your second week of Advent goes well!!
~Jenny