Sunday, March 9, 2008

Back from NYC:)

Fun at Central Park...

More fun at Central Park...

Andre and Alex "backing up"...

Lily and Forrest @ studio...

At Church of the Blessed Sacrament on 71st Street...


Another awesome trip to NYC! It was SO fun with the girls! We had a nice visit to the American Museum of Natural History. Lily wanted to take in every moment there. Molly was very interested in an African skirt and wanted to know where we could buy one:) Lily got to record some voice in the studio for one of her brothers' new songs. THAT WAS EXCITING! Our oldest said in the car on the way home, " Mom, this is the most fun I've ever had in NYC. Thank you."

We've got the best of both worlds right now. And...as one of the Beatles" songs says, "It's getting better all the time."

6 comments:

Neuropoet said...

What a wonderful experience for your family! Talk about a benefit of being homeschoolers - flexibility and creativity are a wonderful gift for our children...

It looks like the boys have a performance tonight - hope they have a great time! :)

Peace,
~Jenny

Marianne Elizabeth said...

Yes! That's one of my loves of homeschooling...FLEXIBILITY!!!

The boys had a great time at their performance and are looking forward to relaxing at HOME tonight!

Blessings,

Neuropoet said...

:) Even after seeing all the sites of NYC they're still glad to be home - you must be doing something right!!! :)

Blessings,
~Jenny

the mother of this lot said...

Those first two look like album covers!

MacBeth Derham said...

I'm so glad you stopped in at Blessed Sacrament! It's beautiful, isn't it? (also, it means were were only 5 blocks from you that day...give us a shout next time!!) And in the NY audition post on my blog, the photo was taken in the school at Blessed Sacrament. Funny!

I hope the session went well. I tried to click on the music on your blog, but I think it does not agree with some setting on my computer...I'll try again.

Marianne Elizabeth said...

Yes! I will let you know when we are in NYC again! How amazing to know we were only a few blocks from one another! I went to First Friday mass at Blessed Sacrament at 7:30 a.m.
It was SO lovely!

I love your blog and science recommendations!
Hopefully the Hypster will work for you. They are MP3's.
Blessings to you and your family, Macbeth!