

The Triduum: Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and Holy Saturday... my favorite time of the year. Time to reflect on The Holy Eucharist, Jesus' Passion, and the waiting until the triumph of the Resurrection on Easter Sunday.
-Today, Holy Thursday, son #3 will lay out the miniature of the Last Supper.
-On Good Friday red ribbons will be displayed on all religious statues and pictures. The model of calvary which son #1 made last year will replace the Last Supper display.
_Holy Saturday will be the day we display the tomb enclosed with a stone.
_When the children awake on Easter Sunday, the stone will be rolled away with a little white cloth rolled up in the corner. Also, the Easter Lilies will be adorned throughout the house.
After the quiet, the celebration will begin!
How we celebrate the days before Easter:
-Traditions like I've laid out above.
- Also, the watching of the movie Jesus of Nazareth.(We do this every year for the children.)
- Attending 3 o'clock Good Friday service.
-Stations of the cross on Friday evening.
_Dying easter eggs on Saturday and preparation for the Easter dinner
So here is our very humble Triduum observance in a nutshell.
Blessings to all friends and families this Triduum and Easter Sunday!
4 comments:
We are on the same wavelength! :) I wish that we had miniatures of The Last Supper, Calvary, and The Tomb - that would be such a great way to prepare our home for Easter. Did you make all of them, or did you find them somewhere? I'm glad you were able to "get something" out of my Triduum ramblings. I'm just glad I had the time to actually get them written down! :) My mother actually read it and decided she wants to go to the service with us tonight - which is a big deal (since she's protestant) :) - but one I won't get too excited about -- I think her heart would love to convert, but I don't see her realistically doing so as it would make too many waves in the family. I know my conversion was hard on everyone - I can just imagine what the response would be if my mother decided to. (Though I must admit that I would be overjoyed if she came "Home" too! Deep down I want all my family to come Home to the Blessed Sacrament - though bringing it up in front of them is a big no-no.)
May your Triduum be blessed!
~Jenny
How wonderful that your mother will attend Holy Thursday mass! She sounds like a very faithful woman. What a blessing! I find our Christian brothers and sisters are so beautiful and a great inspiration.
I told my husband that I wish I would have been better this Lent but I can only try my best and pray for more faithfulness. I have been so distracted lately! (I am confessing due to a promise to myself to be candid with anyone reading. I have been discouraged in the past when I have read blogs where I feel I could never attain what the blogger suggests!... baby steps is what I am capable of!)
The miniatures were not too difficult to make. I'll post pictures of them after Easter.
Yes, we are on the same wavelength! I posted this morning and then went over to your blog and smiled:)
I LOVE THE TRIDUUM!
Blessings to you and your family and have a wonderful Easter!
I didn't "do" as well this Lent as I wanted to either. There was just so much going on, and we've had so many difficulties that seem completely unrelated to "spiritual things". I just have to remind myself that every difficulty can be a spiritual sacrifice... It's the offering up that I seem to forget to do though! Truthfully, I have yet to feel like I "got everything" out of Lent that I could have -- I'm so thankful that it comes around every year, maybe by the time I'm an old woman I'll be able to keep it the way I would like. :) But then, I have a feeling it's probably one of those things where the more you grow, the more you see you need to grow... :)
Blessings to you and yours too! And may your Easter shine with the Light of the resurrected Christ! :)
~Jenny
Post a Comment