REFLECTION:
Taken from the Mass readings today: "The Lord is my light and my salvation. Whom should I fear?" Psalms 27
One of my favorite books in the Bible is the Psalms. "The Lord is my light and my salvation. Whom should I fear?" has been my reflection throughout today. I never planned this scripture for meditation for today. But when I heard it, I thought of so many times that I had listened to this very Psalm as a child at mass...how this scripture has served me well in my life... and has made me feel that I am never alone and always guided. And for that, I am ever grateful.
SPIRITUAL EXCERCISE FOR TODAY: Kind words... to bare fruit this day with loving words and actions. The children and I discussed what we could do today to be better people, to be the people God has called us to be. Be polite when asking for a favor. Go out of your way to do something kind for someone today:) Hold your tongue when you are tempted to say anything that could tear down instead of build up. As Saint Paul says, " The tongue is a rudder." Let us grow good fruit this day.
No comments:
Post a Comment