Made me cry!
A present from Molly...a piece of yesterday's donut and a dollar (so sweet)...
Treasures from Lily...
The Resurrection...
Today is really special to me... it's my birthday... that's no great thing, but... it's on Easter and THAT is special to me! I hear that Easter won't fall on March 23rd until a 100+ years from now! Well, I won't be down here that's for sure. But somehow I think I'll still be celebrating the Resurrection:)
I feel so very blessed with my gifts... my children and husband! Today I woke up to a very excited four year old! She was thrilled with her Easter basket. Forrest ran past the living room when we were admiring the baskets and I thought, "Hmmm... that's funny... I wonder why when everyone was calling his name he just kept on walking." I met him on the stairs and he gave me a big birthday hug:) Then I went to make coffee and this is what I found... a lovely card handmade by him propped up against the coffee pot. I read the card and cried. And guess what? I'm crying again now.
You know it's not what our children do that amazes me (Well, sometimes it does. Talk to any parent and they'll tell you the same thing.) But what really amazes me is who they are as people. As the years go by,(and believe me they ARE going by) it is the little things that the children do that amaze me. I say "little" because some may view it as little but they should be viewed as "big". When I see them treat others with kindness, or sacrifice for somebody else, or offer a kind word to someone distressed that is when I realize these are the "priceless" moments that bring a piece of heaven down to earth.
Today is a day to really celebrate...to celebrate the gift of life.
Blessings and Happy Easter!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday to you and Happy Easter to you all! Have a lovely day!
Birthday should mean something - so Happy Birthday and Happy Easter to such a sweet family.
Happy Birthday!!!! I hope you had a wonderful Easter Sunday... and a wonderful birthday celebration!
He is Risen!! :)
Sending birthday blessings and prayers from our corner of the world-- :)
~Jenny
Post a Comment