Monday, May 12, 2008

Atmosphere

Tea set given to the girls from Drew and Julia...collector Norman Rockwell plate given by my mother...

Our prayer intention book and flowers picked by our children:)

I read the chapter on Atmosphere in Karen Andreola' book A Charlotte Mason Companion. The atmosphere chapter was mostly about making a peaceful home with adjustment to behaviors. I have been feeling that an adjustment in the atmosphere of the home is in order. Since we will be schooling throughout the summer for the first time ever... I want the learning atmosphere to be enjoyable.

_Start out with tea
_Move on to breakfast
_Next gather for prayer (refering to prayer book and weekly intentions for friends, family, and 4Real learning "We Pray to the Lord" intentions.
_Then we move to our read aloud.

_After, our scholastics...This week? Standardized testing. I thought it a good idea to start the day with tea and banana bread and will be serving tea every morning in this manner:)

Banana Bread Recipe

1/4 c. butter 2 T. sour milk (I used regular)
1 c. sugar 2 c. flour
1 egg 1 tsp. baking soda
3 ripe bananas, mashed 1/2 c. chopped walnuts (optional)

Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and mashed bananas. Add sour milk. Sift flour, baking soda and salt, then add to first mixture. Add walnuts, if using. Bake in ungreased loaf pan at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

Lois Banford from Friends of Brooks Free Library Cookbook located in Harwich, MA

1 comment:

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Sounds lovely and the tea set is beautiful!

so are the flowers, btw!