Thursday, May 8, 2008

The boys have really worked hard these past three days...back up vocals, piano tracks, guitar riffs, lead vocals with "Perfect Saturday" and for their new ballad "Green." It will be no surprise in what "Green" is about...

"Just breathe the fresh air take it all in. Just take a step and we can all begin to make the world better..." are the first couple of lines to this gem. Fred and Andy have been doing their magic and it is sounding beautiful.

It was a lovely four days here but there was some struggle. Forrest has been fighting allergies since April and last night he was wheezing in his chest. We steamed up the bathroom and that gave him some relief. He is better this morning but I am anxious to get him home to the doctor. It amazing to me that he could deliver such nice vocals like he has these past few days. But he is a kid who at two jumped repeatedly into a pool with no life jacket, not being able to swim...jumped off of the Dorset Quarry at 6 with no reservations...at 7 would snow board going straight down steep slopes while my husband and I actually had to go with him and while shouting "Slow down!" and "Use falling leaf!" the whole run....my sister-in-law, Michelle, always said,"I bet Forrest will learn to ride motor cycles and do something really dangerous like jump over a stack of buses." Thank God his bravery was directed toward music. At eight, his brothers were rehearsing in an ensemble and none of the teenagers would sing. Forrest stood up and with never having sung in his life said, "I'll do it." And from there...you know...:)

I miss Vermont (even though I love NYC) and can't wait to see our girls. I REALLY MISS THEM! So now it's time to get back to "real life" :)

No comments: