Last year, a sweet boy and his mother showed up at one of my preschool music classes. I remember C.J. because I had never seen a 2 year old draw a more amazing car on a etch- a -sketch! His mother was excited to be expecting her second child and she gave birth to baby girl, Nova. Today I picked up our local newspaper and was astounded to see mother and baby girl on the cover. Nova is 15 months old and is diagnosed with a very rare chromosome disorder tetrasomy 18p. She is only the 101st person EVER to be diagnosed with the disease and the youngest ever.
When I got to this part in the article I was moved to tears: "It is scary(mother, Kim Post said) but we've come to realize if God didn't think we could handle it, He wouldn't have dealt us this hand."
Many people are rallying locally to raise money so that this family can go to a research center in Texas. My boys, The Burnham Bros. Band, want to help with this cause by organizing a fundraiser that they can play at. Please pray for this family and please pray that this family be blessed with more help than they thought ever possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment