Saturday, May 17, 2008

B3 Bee Keeping...

Today the boys and their daddy went to pick up 3 packages of bees at 7 a.m. and were back at nine to get going with this long awaited project. At 11 a.m. Grampy met the kids here to help install the bees into their hives. Here are some photos of the day...

"O.K. I'm ready to do this thing!"





Grampy arrives with coin collections for the girls...



A quick photo before getting to work...


My favorite shot of the day...Grampy walking to hives with Forrest...I think I hear Andy Griffith whistling...

Alex transporting bees to the hives..."Mom, hurry! These are heavy."


Bees are installed into their new home. It took 10 pounds of sugar for the sugar water!


Why do you think the dog run is surrounding the beehives?

Answer:


1 comment:

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

I've always wanted to do this!

Very cool - and the pic of Grampy and Forrest is wonderful!