
I just LOVE this book. I know I've blogged about this before but it is worth a revisit. You know, my parents were so good. They gave me everything...music lessons, a good education at Catholic schools, lovely camping trips and beach trips, encouragement, help when I need it. But do you know the greatest gift they gave me? It was the gift of faith! Faith has gotten me through everything. I truly believe the best thing you can teach your children is how to be happy and how to be holy! Fr. Sullivan explains in this book how to do that he even teaches us to pray to be happy every day! This is a definite read allowed for our family. What little gems are sprinkled throughout this book. You won't want to miss reading the introduction...
Local Vermonters can get this at our Catholic book store on Route 7a (across from the old Basketville) or click above to purchase at Amazon.
Introduction (page 2)
"First of all, what is prayer and how should we pray?
Prayer is certainly not the mere repitition of words without giving any attention to their meaning though, unfortunately, this is the way that thousands of otherwise good Christians are praying every day.
What then is prayer? Prayer is nothing else than talking to God, conversing with God Himself. When we kneel down and make the Sign of the Cross reverently, God at once turns to us and gives us all His attention as fully as if there was no one else in existence.
Can this be true? It is absolutely true, and as a consequence, when we pray we are enjoying an intimate, personal conversation with God Almighty. What a joy! What a privilege! What an immense consolation! We are speaking to God as truly and as really as Moses spoke to Him on Mount Sinai, as truly, as lovingly as Peter and John and Magdalen when He was on earth."
1 comment:
Marianne,
I've never heard of this book before - but I'm going to have to get my hands on it somehow - just the title itself caught my attention! Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
Peace,
~Jenny
Post a Comment