Monday, August 25, 2008

A Little More Motivated!

Morning Offering taken from How to be Happy How to be Holy

Kolbe Core courses...there are four for our high schoolers...

O.K.  I am feeling a little more motivated.  We will be gradually starting our new school year this week.  The high schoolers will be taking a look at their "core" classes from Kolbe Academy.  I decided to make this poster for easy perusal...especially for me.  I was getting confused as to what book belonged to whom.  There is also history included but I couldn't get it in this shot.

Our morning offering is up in our school room.  (I tried to call it the "learning room" but every time I did the boys would say, "Mom, you can just say school room.  We know what it really is!"

I talked to a dear mom and friend who is always motivated.  She just happened to receive lots of information from a gentleman who does SAT prep.  He gave her materials which we will share.  Our two boys will study for the PSAT with her daughter...which will make it enjoyable since they are friends.

A few years ago...maybe 4 or 5 this lovely woman asked me to help her with home schooling.  I helped her select materials for each of her children.  I remember her saying, "You've helped me so much!  I wish I could help you!"  At which I retorted, "Don't worry.  You'll see...I'll be asking YOU for advice!"  And boy what a help she has been...several times over!!!

Let us never forget the support we do have in other home schooling mothers.  Today at the "We pray to the Lord"  forum at 4REAL LEARNING  Mary G. posted a prayer for home teaching mothers to say daily:

Dear Lord,

Through the intercession of our Blessed Mother, I ask you to assist me in my vocation as a home-educating wife and mother.

Let me be a light to my children, teaching them to grow ever closer to You through work, play, prayer and study.

Show me how to be a blessing and comfort to my husband, uniting us in one mind and heart and helping us remember to choose Your holy will in all things.

Bless our family with faithfulness, peace, joy, love and understanding, so that we may one day remain forever with You in Heaven.

AMEN!

3 comments:

Neuropoet said...

What a beautiful prayer! Thanks for sharing it...

~Jenny

Leonie said...

Nice idea to put up the visual reminders - of both the prayers and the courses/books.

Marianne Elizabeth said...

Yes, the visual reminders are helping!!! And...you are very welcome, jenny. I love the homeschooling mothers prayer.

Thanks for stopping by Leonie and Jenny!