Yesterday, our very special pal got hit by a car. It was so traumatic. Actually, I was a mess. Thank you for your prayers...he is resting comfortably. Gunther, our German Shepherd, had a dislocated leg. He had to be put under general anethesia for the procedure. The vet was concerned that his leg would not stay put but so far so good.
My heart is so heavy because I was the one who let him out and forgot to let him back in. Usually one of our boys will take him out in the morning, but I let him out because he messed on our hallway rug. Then our oldest stepped in it. I was angry with the dog, let him out, and then...the accident.
But God is good. It was a miracle that there was a vet tech who lives two doors down who came to the scene. She helped transport Gunther to a mat and then lifted him on to their truck bed. The Vet is about 3 doors down from our house so we waited in the parking lot because they usually open at 8 a.m. Saturday mornings. But...not this morning. But a little miracle happened when we were waiting. The vet showed up to feed a cat before going out of town. He examined Gunther quickly and then gave him a shot of morphine for the pain. He referred us to Latham, N.Y. to an Emergency Clinic.
Gunther is resting comfortably. He was kept over night and we will hopefully pick him up today.
Again, thanks everyone family, friends, and those at 4Real Learning Forum for your prayers. They mean so much...
2 comments:
I'm so glad he's okay!! I'll send up a prayer for a speedy recovery!
hugs,
~Jenny
Thank you so much, Jenny!
Post a Comment