Good Friday...
Jesus' burial tomb...
Last year we had such fun with our preparation for Holy Week. The tomb and Calvary Hill were made from Plaster of Paris and the Last Supper was just felt, foil, and saltine crackers(using natural wooden blocks for our table). Our oldest loves making things and was head of these projects.
As the liturgical color changed from purple to red to white, we changed ribbons and felt accordingly. On Easter Sunday, we put out the Easter Lilies and the tomb became the centerpiece for the Resurrection. On Good Friday we had a nice flat stone to place over the opening and it remained that way until Easter Sunday when the children came downstairs in the morning. They gathered to see that the stone had been rolled away and a bunched up white cloth was left in the tomb:)
This year I am looking forward to everyone coming up with some more ideas...and if you have some please let me know!
As I posted before, I have ordered The Stations of the Cross cards from Catholic Heritage Curricula and I look forward to adorning our school room with them!
A side note: Warning. All those with little children must buy extra saltine crackers for the Holy Thursday display! We kept seeing that the crackers were missing...the culprit...our youngest of course! She was eating them and feeding them to her dolls:)
No comments:
Post a Comment